Improve Yourself and Become a Better You
January 25, 2016
It’s a brand new year and it is the perfect time to start with a clean slate. It is the opportunity to improve in areas where you feel like you’re lacking. It is time to step up your game and become the better version of yourself.
Change is really not easy. However, it is inevitable. It does not mean you will become a different person. Instead, you will just work harder to become better.
There are so many ways to do this and here are some ideas and guidelines.
Improving your physical appearance
Your physical appearance says a lot about you. The way you dress, the way you smile, your weight, how you fix your hair, your mannerisms, everything can contribute to how people see you. Here are some ways to improve your physical appearance.
- Start a healthy diet – yes, you strive to have a better shape but you do not only do this for aesthetic purposes but instead you do this for the health benefits. You should start eating healthier options. Avoid eating in fast foods and junk foods. Also, you should do your diet in a healthy way – crash dieting is a big no-no. In fact, to achieve healthy diet, you should eat your meals on time and never skip a meal especially breakfast.
- Exercise – you should start exercising. Most of the time you feel lazy to move your body but this is very important if you want to improve your physical appearance. Also, exercising makes your body not only beautiful but also strong.
- Care for your hair – your hair is your crowning glory and it is important that you keep it beautiful and healthy. Shampoo your hair daily to remove dirt, then moisturize to keep it shiny and healthy. Use products like Ego Moov to deal with lice, which is a big turn-off. Style your hair the way it fits the shape of your face. You can also dye it to give you an instant new look.
Improving your personality
Nobody is perfect, everyone all have their shortcomings. However, you should do your best to work on these and improve for the better.
- Work on your weaknesses – do you have a short temper or are you always late for work and other appointments? Assess yourself and do something to work on these weaknesses. Keep in mind that you are stronger than your weaknesses. You can control it if you wish to and you must. So list down your weaknesses and start working extra hard to improve on those areas.
- Learn to listen – sometimes, it is good to hear what others think and listen to their opinions. It does not necessarily mean you will just do whatever they say. But it’s more about hearing and considering their thoughts then you can decide afterwards. This makes you a considerate person.
- Have an open mind – lastly, you should try to have an open mind when it comes to people around you, your surroundings, and the situations you’re in. It will let you see things in a better perspective.
Improving yourself is not just to seek approval from other people. In fact, you should strive to become a better you FOR YOU. It will make you feel good and look good.